THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Out of randomness: Kid's Show

My friends knows how I am such a random person... So today's randomness topic is.....


The Good 'Ol Days~~~


Although I am still 22, I can totally feel the generation gap between the youngsters these days and how it used to be back than. For a fact there was no pre-puberty idol, Justin Bieber back than

The thing I want to talk about the good 'ol days is the cartoons. To be totally honest, I don't understand a crap of todays cartoon. It's totally illogical and so.... how to I say this.... stupid. Sorry kids, seriously, your generation's cartoon suck. The superhero suck. Today's cartoon superheroes are Ben 10, Generation Rex and what not. They even gave Batman and Superman the "All New Look" but in my opinion, that couldn't compare to the original characters.

How cool is Ben 10 in comparing to Captain Planet?

Or the old batman versus the new batman?


Even their slapstick cartoon fail to humor me. Actually, I hate today's supposed-to-be funny cartoon. It's not actually funny. If the superheroes suck, the funny cartoons suck even more. Back in the days, cartoon like Animaniacs or Looney Toons or Tiny Toons were the best! They have catchy theme songs that's probably gonna stuck to your head even when you reach 40. The characters have attitudes. When they say funny, they mean funny. Try these days' cartoons. Fatboy and Chum Chum, Flapjack and Chowder, and the one that makes no sense at all.... SPONGEBOB. They're not all that funny. In fact, in order to get the jokes, you have to be older than 7, or else you'll be starring into nothingness.

Now indulge into the catchy intro songs~

Oh, and back in those days, we hardly have any live kids show like Hannah Montana, or Big Time Rush, or Class of 3000. That was for teenagers and wasn't aired during kid's time. We had Barney and Teletubbies. These are educational entertainment where as the former mentioned shows are just entertainment. I doubt a 4 year old girl watching Hannah Montana would fully understand the show. When I was for, watching some blonde missy with identity crisis flipping her hair on stage with a country accent was sure not my thing. Untill this day, I'd still prefer Barney.


Now which do you prefer? Barney or Hannah?


Oh, and not forgetting Power Rangers. Power Rangers used to be the no.1 on my must watch show list. Every Saturday, I will be in front of the TV with my brother 7.00 sharp for our weekly dose of Power Rangers. So what if they were copying the Super Sentai or something, I love that show. That was until they hire new idiots, I mean producer to ruin run the show.

Original Rangers~

The Power Ranger's original motive was to save the earth, which was totally fine by me. But as years go by, I find the rangers are a total bullshit. Let's review the chronology of Power Rangers.

  • Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: My absolute favourite
  • Power Rangers Zeo: Not as good as the first but still awesome.
  • Power Rangers Turbo: Less love, but still loved it.
  • Power Rangers in Space: Suddenly decided to evacuate the earth to battle in space? weird.
  • Power Rangers Lost Galaxy: Still weird but not bad.
  • Power Rangers Lightspeed rescue: First you abandoned earth, now you're suddenly back? But I love the opening song..
  • Power Rangers Time Force: It gets downhill from here folks.
  • Power Rangers Wild Force: I started skipping episodes just because I don't feel like watching.
  • Power Rangers Ninja Storm: It really starts to lose my attraction.
  • Power Rangers Dino Thunder: I stopped watching Power Rangers all together...
There are a few more continuation to the series, but I lost interest. It wasn't as interesting as it used to be since those people who makes the series are getting lazy. I know the ones watching are kids but don't be such a lazy ass and simply do the special effect like some cheap rated movie. I know Power Rangers are getting a lot of money. Use that money for a better series.

So now, I'm all out of ideas to bitch on kids show, but in a nutshell, I just want to say that I'm glad I was born earlier. I get to watch all the awesome kids show and not get stuck to the lame ass shows now days.

++saykoji89++
++give me animaniacs anytime of day++

2 comments:

l e n a said...

i love this entry of yours =) and i totally agree with you. I love the original power rangers...my siblings and i even wore them as costumes for Halloween once upon a time.

this new generation stinks XD

Sayko said...

Firstly, thanks for the love~ Much appreciated ~

My siblings never had Power Rangers costume(i think) but we do have a lot of their toys.

Nickelodeon used to be my fav channel until they started showing too many live-based shows like icarly, big time rush, troops and what not... Whatever happens to plain old cartoons?