THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Of my grandmother

I just came back from my Aunt's place in Rawang for an awesome BBQ~ Thanks Auntie Emma. It was really delicious. Don't sweat of why mama's black pepper sauce is different from yours. Everyone has their own unique recipe.

Anyway, while I was there, my aunt said that recently she dreamed of my grandmother. According to her, my grandmother suddenly woke up. She asked my aunt to buy for my brother's fiance a gold bracelet for their engagement. When she said that, I remembered that I too had recently dreamed about my grandmother. I can't really remember the details, but I dreamed that I spent the whole day with her, like I used to do when I was still young. No phones, no laptops, no internet. Just me, her and lots of fun.

Before my grandmother passed away, I had a dream of her back then too. It was about two weeks before she passed. I dreamed that we were all in her hospital private room. She was awake and able too speak to us. You see, before my grandmother passed, most of the time she just slept, and even if she's awake, she could speak coherently. Anyway, in that dream, she was saying her goodbyes to everyone of her children. She said goodbye to me last before I was awake from that dream. She told me, I was the greatest gift that God has given her. I still cried every time I remembered that dream. God, I miss her. I really do. Everything around me reminds me of her. It's hard to let go, if everything reminds me of you, nenek. 

++saykoji89++
++Al-Fatihah to my grandmother, Safiah Abdullah++

0 comments: